|The doggies loved it and
are still begging for more
This recipe makes a dense cake. Hence I am calling it a torte.
- 4 cups cooked Channa
- 3 eggs
- 10 tsp til / seasame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (Any of these or even a mix of these will work: Penut, Cashew, Almonds, Til/Sesame)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 30 gms butter
- Honey to taste
- Grind the Channa in a mixie. As you do this, add the oil & egg slowly.
- Soften the butter, dice it and add it to channa. Blend in
- Add the nuts, hone, herbs and fold in
- Spread on butter paper on a baking dish, about 3/4 inch deep
- Bake at 210 degree C for 35 – 40 mins (Test by sticking a fork in and when it comes out clean, it’s done).
- Turn off over and let it rest in the hot oven for 10 minutes
- Remove, let it cool and cut into cubes
- Cut the full cake into 4 big portions and cut up each portion into 8 cubes
- For every 4 kg body weight of the dog, serve 1 cube of the torte per day. So if your dog is about 15 kgs, then feed around 4 pieces a day
- Ideally feed the torte 30 minutes before a carb heavy meal and watch your baby crash in a happy nap after the meal.